Details | Videos
Case videosAdd info | Back to top
- Video title: KGW (NBC) Portland, Oregon - Dr David Farley, a former West Linn doctor, is accused of abuse. - 2020-12-09
- Video description: posted by Manly, Stewart & Finaldi Law Firm
- Video title: #MeToo at the doctor's office: Investigation finds sexual misconduct, flaws in discipline - 2022-04-11
- Video description: Doctors are among the most trusted professionals we have, but what happens when a physician crosses the line to sexually abuse or assault a patient?
- Video title: David Farley accused of abuse by patients; No indictment - 2022-09-22
- Video description: Dozens of women and children who claim they were sexually abused by their doctor say they'll continue to push for his criminal prosecution, despite a grand jury choosing not to indict the former West Linn doctor.The Clackamas County District Attorney's Office said it can’t move forward with prosecution, because a grand jury found there wasn't enough evidence to indict former West Linn Doctor David Farley.Now, dozens of people who allege he sexually abused them during routine medical exams said they believe the investigation was mishandled.It’s been two years since Katie Medley and several other women came forward with the allegations. Since then, dozens of women and children have also come forward.“It’s been incredibly devastating and disheartening to have to fight so hard for that,” said Medley.The Oregon Medical Board revoked Farley's license and told him to never again reapply to practice medicine in Oregon.- KATU News
- Video title: West Linn women speak out about sexual abuse allegations involving former doctor - 2022-09-23
- Video description: Women who allege they were sexually abused by a local doctor are frustrated about a grand jury's decision not to move forward with criminal charges. - KGW News
Case summaryAdd info | Back to top
According to FLOODLIT’s sources, Farley currently resides in St. Anthony, Idaho as of January 2023.
As of 2023-01-11, Farley is currently not facing criminal charges of abuse. According to one news source cited below, “Farley admitted to taking photos of the genitals and breasts of five patients, all under 18, according to board records. He claimed he provided consent forms for the minor’s parents to sign but could not provide the records. Farley said he deleted the photos from his phone and shredded the consent forms, according to board documents.”
Learn more about this case:
Donate to help FLOODLIT cover our research expenses, including obtaining court records and police documents.
- Oregon court case #20CV43049 (archive) - -
- Women speak out against ‘master manipulator’ Oregon doctor who photographed children’s genitals, performed unwanted exams - Oregon Live - 2020-11-20 (archive) - -
- Two sisters recalled leaving exams with West Linn Dr. David Farley at ages 11 and 14, wondering, ‘What the heck just happened?’ - Oregon Live - 2020-12-08 (archive) - -
- Another 25 women sign on to suit against ex-West Linn doctor, now seeking $290 million in damages for alleged sexual abuse - Oregon Live - 2020-12-09 (archive) - -
- #MeToo at the doctor's office: Investigation finds sexual misconduct, flaws in discipline - FOX17 WZTV Nashville - 2022-03-10 (archive) - -
- West Linn doctor who allegedly abused over 120 patients won’t face charges, Clackamas County grand jury decides - Oregon Live - 2022-09-04 (archive) - -
- Letter: "Re: Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Over 200 Women and Children at the Hands of Former Doctor David Farley, and Clackamas County District Attorney’s Refusal to Prosecute these Heinous Crimes" - PDF - 2022-09-16 (archive) - -
- Women speak out about sexual abuse allegations involving former West Linn doctor - KGW8 - 2022-09-23 (archive) - -
- West Linn Police Records Answer Some Questions, Raise Others About Doctor Sex Abuse Investigation - The Lund Report - accessed 2023-01-11 (archive) - -
- West Linn police records answer some questions, raise others about Farley case - West Linn Tidings - 2022-11-28 - accessed 2023-01-11 (archive) - -
- Police records shed light on investigation of former West Linn doctor accused of rampant sexual abuse - OPB - 2022-11-29 (archive) - -
Location/residence historyAdd info | Back to top
- Date: 2022
- Description: Not being charged at this time
- Country: United States
- State: OR
- City: West Linn
LDS/Mormon church membership historyAdd info | Back to top
LDS mission information
FLOODLIT is not aware whether the accused served a full-time LDS mission.
LDS temple marriage information
FLOODLIT is not aware whether the accused was married in a Mormon temple.
LDS temple marriage - other sources
EducationAdd info | Back to top
Work historyAdd info | Back to top
Alleged crime(s)Add info | Back to top
Alleged victim(s)Add info | Back to top
- Number of alleged victim(s) - note if approximate: 120
- Average age of alleged victim(s) at time of alleged crime(s):
Arrest(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal charge(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal verdict(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal sentenceAdd info | Back to top
Prison timeAdd info | Back to top
Other court casesAdd info | Back to top
LDS church response(s)Add info | Back to top
- Alleged failure to report by local LDS leaders? unknown
- Alleged misconduct by local LDS leaders? unknown
- Alleged misconduct by global LDS leaders? unknown
FLOODLIT is not aware whether the Mormon church paid any settlement amounts related to this case.
Case updatesBack to top
- January 24, 2023: Updated links and case info; welcomed Reddit visitors
- December 19, 2022: updated stats
- December 1, 2022: Added more details.
- November 28, 2022: Updated case details.