Welcome to our database and map of Mormon sex abuse cases. Donate to our project and help us cover research costs!
Case summaryAdd info | Back to top
LDS Jared Anderson was arrested for abusing “ten or more teens and was charged on two counts of sexual performance with a child and one count of indecency with a child after several teen boys from his church reported abuse to church officials.”
The boys were ages 15-17. “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a statement” regarding this abuse. “When we learned of the situation, local leaders reported it immediately to law enforcement.”
LDS ward of accused at time of alleged crime(s): Encino Park
From Fox News
“A former high school teacher who hosted sex parties for teenage boys — including a “bros night” that featured a front-door sign urging them to get naked — has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Jared Anderson, who was honored as teacher of the year at Judson High School in Texas just two months prior to his arrest in March 2016, pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual performance by a child and two count of indecency with a child by exposure as part of a plea deal about one month ago, attorney Eduardo Garcia told the San Antonio Express-News.
Anderson, 29, taught English at the high school in the San Antonio suburb of Converse for about a year. Police said two victims told authorities that Anderson had been hosting parties for several months at his home that involved sexually charged games with multiple boys.
Anderson’s arrest led school officials to recall yearbooks in order to remove a page that cited him as Teacher of the Year just two months earlier, the Express-News reports. He was later indicted on several counts of sexual performance by a child and was placed on administrative leave by schools officials before being fired.
Anderson hosted one party at his home on Feb. 12, 2016, that he called a “bros night,” with seven boys ranging from 15 to 17 years old, a San Antonio police spokesman told the newspaper. A sign on the door of the home read: “The last one to get naked has to get the first dare.”
Donate to help FLOODLIT cover our research expenses, including obtaining court records and police documents.
- 1Former Judson HS teacher sentenced in sex party case - KSAT - 2017-08-07 (archive) - -
- Married Mormon 'teacher of the year', 29, sentenced to 10-years in jail after hosting sex parties for teenage boys where he made them strip and perform sex acts on each other - Daily Mail - 2017-08-09 (archive) - -
- High school teacher arrested for holding sex parties for teenage boys - Independent - 2016-03-17 (archive) - -
- One-time 'teacher of the year' gets 10 years in jail over teen boy sex parties - Fox News - 2017-09-26 (archive) - -
- San Antonio teacher accused of hosting sex parties for boys - Fox 26 - 2016-03-16 (archive) - -
- Judson High School teacher accused of encouraging teens to get naked, perform sexual acts at parties - My Sanantonio - 2016-03-17 (archive) - -
Location/residence historyAdd info | Back to top
LDS/Mormon church membership historyAdd info | Back to top
EducationAdd info | Back to top
Work historyAdd info | Back to top
Alleged crime(s)Add info | Back to top
Alleged victim(s)Add info | Back to top
- Number of alleged victim(s) - note if approximate: 10
- Average age of alleged victim(s) at time of alleged crime(s): 16
Arrest(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal charge(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal verdict(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal sentenceAdd info | Back to top
Criminal sentence information
Prison timeAdd info | Back to top
Other court casesAdd info | Back to top
LDS church response(s)Add info | Back to top
- Alleged failure to report by local LDS leaders? no
- Alleged misconduct by local LDS leaders? no
- Alleged misconduct by global LDS leaders? no
FLOODLIT is not aware whether the Mormon church paid any settlement amounts related to this case.
Case updatesBack to top
- December 8, 2022: added links, info