FLOODLIT has found the following cases in which the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or LDS church, has settled out of court or paid settlements in response to allegations of or convictions regarding sexual abuse by LDS leaders or members.
View our full database of Mormon sexual abuse cases or our map showing events in the life of the accused.
Some of the settlement amounts below are estimates only. We have not adjusted amounts for inflation.
If you know of a case that’s not listed here, please contact us.
Want to support our research? Donate.
- $1,100,000 - Anonymous
- undisclosed amount - Chester Lewis Meek
- undisclosed amount - William Scott Hanson
- $350,000 - Timur Van Dykes
- $10,000,000 - Ralph Edward Neeley
- undisclosed amount - Michael Rex Shean
- undisclosed amount - Richard Kenneth Ray
- $2,000,000 - Eric Patrick Avant
- $3,000,000 - Franklin Richard Curtis
- $100,000 - Todd Summers
- undisclosed amount - Larren Bybee Arnold
- $782,000 - John Misseldine
- $40,000 - Marcelo Moreno Pérez
- $4,000,000 - Charles John Blome
- $2,500,000 - Peter Taylor
- undisclosed amount - Christopher Michael Jensen
- undisclosed amount - Christian Robert Bearnson
- undisclosed amount - James F Adams
$23,872,000 is the total known dollar amount, not adjusted for inflation, paid out by the LDS church in these settlements.