Details | Videos
- Davis, Michael Adam
- Born: 1985
Case videosAdd info | Back to top
- Video title: 1595: Mormon Church Defends Minnesota Leader of Sexual Assault - Mormon Stories Podcast - 2022-05-17
- Video description: "What would you think if your Church Leaders were on the defendant's witness list of your child's sex abuser? In this episode, we will discuss a disturbing Mormon sex abuse case in which the Branch and Stake presidents submitted affidavits that would have aided the dismissal of new charges brought against Elders Quorum President and registered sex offender Michael Adam Davis.Join us this Tuesday evening as LDS Member Michael Benjamin walks us through the details of this alarming case in which The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, once again, chooses to protect the institution over sexually abused children."
Case summaryAdd info | Back to top
Last known status: March 2023: appealed his 2022 Minnesota conviction, claiming ineffective counsel and a violation of his constitutional rights
LDS church leaders in Minnesota allegedly attempted to cover up Davis’s abuse, protected him, and defended him in court.
On November 29, 2022, Michael Adam Davis was sentenced to 30 years, the maximum sentence he could receive. The judge took into account his previous convictions in Utah when determining his sentence.
Donate to help FLOODLIT cover our research expenses, including obtaining court records and police documents.
LDS/Mormon church membership historyAdd info | Back to top
LDS mission information
The accused served a full-time LDS mission in the mission from to .
LDS temple marriage information
The accused was married (sealed) in the Mormon temple in .
EducationAdd info | Back to top
Work historyAdd info | Back to top
Alleged crime(s)Add info | Back to top
Alleged victim(s)Add info | Back to top
- Number of alleged victim(s) - note if approximate:
- Average age of alleged victim(s) at time of alleged crime(s):
Arrest(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal charge(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal verdict(s)Add info | Back to top
Criminal sentenceAdd info | Back to top
Criminal sentence information
- Date: November 2022
- Description: 30 years
Prison timeAdd info | Back to top
Other court casesAdd info | Back to top
LDS church response(s)Add info | Back to top
- Alleged failure to report by local LDS leaders? no
- Alleged misconduct by local LDS leaders? no
- Alleged misconduct by global LDS leaders? no
FLOODLIT is not aware whether the Mormon church paid any settlement amounts related to this case.
Case updatesBack to top
- November 29, 2022: Updated with links to today's 30 year sentencing.